Wednesday 16 October 2013

Autumn time!

This is my first blog post in a good while, but after starting back my second year at university, lots of my lectures have been surrounded blogging/digital/social media, so I decided to start blogging again, just for the experience!    I love the fact it's Autumn now, it's definitely my favourite season, I love the fact we all know Christmas is approaching in the near future, and Autumn/Winter fashion is definitely my favourite, as it's all about the berry colours, and allows me to express my inner vamp, which looks so wrong in the summer!  Here is a few things I've been loving recently, and what I plan to keep using through the season!


Stay Matte Rimmel foundation in shade - Porcelain Ivory.
This is my Autumn foundation discovery.  I am a magnet for any new makeup releases, it genuinely excites me! So this was a no brainer, especially as I
love matte makeup. The shade I chose is porcelain ivory, which is the lightest shade, but they come in a variety of different shades from light to dark.  The texture is a fairly thick, mousse-like texture, so you don't need much at a time! It stays on all day, and  provides a lovely, matte coverage, thumbs up!

Rimmel Stay Blushed cream blusher shade - Pop of Pink.
This is a another great new release from Rimmel, a gorgeous pink liquid blusher. I'm a huge fan of cream blushers anyway, especially in the Autumn/Winter, as I think it looks healthier and more natural, than powder that sits on your skin.  I always tend to pick pinky shades of blusher, peach shades don't really complement my complexion, but you can buy this in a peachier shade, it's a great product by Rimmel that blends well, and looks good!


  


Vampy nail shades.
As I said at the beginning, I love the fact Autumn/Winter allows you to be a little vampier, and these nail varnishes are some of my favourites.  My all time favourite nail varnish shade has always been berry, I love how it's glam, yet grunge at the same time, and is the perfect Autumn shade. I love the grey shade, and you can't go wrong with a classic black in the Wintertime, and I sometimes like to wear my matte top coat over the top of these colours, as it looks amazing! My favourite matte top coat is by Rimmel. 








Autumn lips (L-R, Revlon "Colourburst" lip butter in Raspberry Pie, Collection's"Gothic Glam" in 01- seduction, Kate Moss for Rimmel in 01).

My three favourite picks for the Autumn! Firstly I've been absolutely loving the Revlon lip butter in Raspberry Pie, it's that gorgeous dark pink berry, which is perfect for this time of year, it's super moisturising, and is a colour that looks good on mostly anyone. 

Collection's new "Gothic Glam" range definitely caught my eye lately, I've always been a lover of Collection products, and this new lipstick was no exception. There are three shades in the new gothic collection, with this one (shade 01), being in my opinion, the most wearable. The other two in the Collection are more of a definite purple, different to this one which is a berry shade, a cross between a dark pink and purple, which is definitely more wearable for most people. It's still a bold lip, so you'd have to be kind of brave to wear it, but if you can rock it, it looks fab!

Lastly, a lipstick I've raved about for like, EVER, read my previous blog posts for more detail, so all I will say is that it is a perfect all year round shade that I would wear anytime, anywhere, when I want my classic red lip, this being probably my best pick of the red lipstick bunch.




Katy Perry "Killer Queen" perfume.
I've blogged about this previously, and it's become my perfect Autumn scent. I think Katy launched this at the perfect time, as it's not, in my opinion a summery scent, it's definitely a lot darker than her two previous fragrances, a lot more sophisticated and gorgeous.  I bought for two reasons, firstly...I'm a massive Katycat, and secondly...the actual scent!  My signature perfume at the moment.





Lastly, a random favourite of mine lately, Bubble Base tea! Most of my life, I've always liked things that people have always considered, uhm, "different", so since Bubble Tea has become my latest discovery, I love it! I've always had people all my life be like, "What is THAT?", usually about something I'm eating and drinking (I used to take Hoisin duck wraps to school, which isn't that out of the ordinary, but compared to the standard ham sandwich, people used to look at me like I had six heads). Bubble Tea is basically a tea flavour of your choice, I chose cherry, and then added with little edible balls filled with fruit juice, I chose passion fruit and it was yummy!  I'm definitely going to try pretty much all of their flavours over time, and try out their frozen yoghurts!


#beauty #autumn #favourites #blog #makeup #tea #random #blogspot #student #media #culture #journalism #lipstick #nails #foundation #blusher #perfume #katyperry







No comments:

Post a Comment