Friday 14 February 2014



Last week, I made a total impulse buy from MAC online, and it was the Viva Glam Frost red lipstick, endorsed by Rihanna. I'm not a huge fan of Rihanna, she's ok, I don't mind a few songs...but yeah, this wasn't the reason I bought this lipstick, but this is her Viva Glam lipstick, which is also available in a Lipglass (I always feel like I'm saying Lipgloss wrong when I say Lipglass..).  I already own a previous lipstick from Rihanna's MAC line, which is "RiRi woo", a play on their permanent lipstick "Ruby Woo", which is another red lipstick, but is described as a  Retro Matte lipstick, whereas this one is more of a "Frost" finish (what the hell?!), well it's more satin like anyway, rather than matte, so I didn't feel like I was buying almost exactly the same lipstick when I bought this.



Firstly, this packaging is AMAZING, red is my all time favourite colour, and the sleek packaging is already a plus point, secondly, the SMELL, MAC lipsticks generally have a signature vanilla scent, which is so nice, I love it, it smells like cupcakes.



The Lipstick itself is a gorgeous bright red, and leaves your lips in a very unique way, that I've yet to discover with any other lipstick. It doesn't leave them shiny, but far from matte, it's almost pearlescent, which works surprisingly well with a red lipstick (I HATE that pearlescent nude/shimmery pink that leaves people looking like they have no lips), but this actually looks really nice, and sophisticated, so it's definitely something to wear for a special occasion!




At the price of £15, it isn't a cheap purchase, but if you love Rihanna/MAC lipsticks, or just generally a  makeup junkie like myself, it's the perfect treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment