Sunday 29 December 2013

(I am in no way a beauty expert/claim to be anything other than simply a beauty addict, who enjoys buying unnecessary amounts of makeup and then talking about it).


Favourite Beauty Range
My favourite beauty range talking Drugstore is Rimmel and Maybelline, and MAC and Benefit for a more expensive treat. Rimmel and Maybelline stock so many products that are staples of my everyday makeup routine, and MAC/Benefit have products I've treated myself to or been given as a gift, and I use these products when I want to feel that little bit more special.

Primer

Benefit's "That Gal" Primer.

Foundation

MAC studio fluid fix, Soap & Glory Show good face foundation in "The Fairest of them all", and Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in "Light Porcelain". 

Powders
Rimmel "Stay Matte" powder in translucent is my favourite for everyday use, it leaves my skin looking matte, but not dull, and then I love Benefit "Hello Flawless" powder in Ivory, a bit pricy for everyday powder, so I only use this when I'm going somewhere nice!

Concealer
The god sent Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection in Fair, myself and about 80% of the internet don't seem to have enough good things to say about this, it's literally one of the products I could NOT live without. I restock this immediately when I'm running low, and I'm not even bothered with finding a more expensive concealer as this does the trick perfectly!
Bronzer
...Not a lover of bronzer, I'm so pale it generally would just look terrible. However, I have recently discovered something that is a cross between a bronzer and blusher, perfect for my pale complexion, and that is Benefit's "Rockateur", the assistant tried it out on me, it made my cheekbones look highly defined, and give me a nice glow, not the slightest bit orange, result! I officially own a bronzer  (of some sorts...) that looks good.
Blusher
I love Rimmel's Mono blushers in "Santa Rose" which is a peachy shade that gives me awesome looking cheekbones, and a pink in the same range in the shade "Pink Rose" which is just a lovely pretty pink blusher. I love this blusher range as they extremely good value, and do exactly what you want from a blusher, costing just over £3.50!
Highlighter
I'm also highly sceptical of highlighter (just as I was bronzer), I hate my face looking glittery/orange/shiny, so anything like that is one of my worst nightmares, so I was mega happy when I discovered MUA's "Undress your skin" highlighting powder, which I just like to dust over my cheekbones, to give me a nice finish! It's another bargain product for £3.
Eyebrows
Soap and Glory's "Archery" and Seventeen's "Brow That" Eyebrow kit. I just like nice defined eyebrows, nothing too slug-like!
Eye primer
Elf's bargain eyelid primer (for £1.50), and Benefit's "Lemonaid". 
Mascara
I don't think you can go wrong with a good Maybelline or a Maxfactor mascara, I find High Street mascara is one thing that's probably a little overpriced, but my favourites are Maybelline's "Volume Express Mega Plush" and Maxfactor's "False lash effect", both give my lashes volume and make them look really long and glossy. 
Eyeshadows
Urban Decay "Naked 2" palette has pretty much all the eyeshadow colours I need, even though it cost about £35, it contains all the colours for a nude/smokey eye, so it's really worth it if you love wearing those colours, as you don't really need to own any other eyeshadows. I also like the MUA dupes which are Undress me and Undress me too, and Maybelline's colour tattoo cream eyeshadow in "Permanent Taupe". 
Eyeliner
Soap & Glory's "Supercat" felt eyeliner, and Maybelline's "Lasting Drama" Gel Eyeliner.
Lipstick
MAC''s "Ruby/RiRi woo" red lipstick, Kate Moss red lipstick in "01" and Kate Moss matte purple in "07". I also like the colour boost balms from Bourjois, and Rimmel's apocalips lip lacquers.  Carmex is also one of my swear by products, definitely can't live without it!
Shampoo and Conditioner
Herbal Essence "Bee Strong" shampoo and conditioner and TIGI red hair shampoo and conditioner. 
Styling products
Herbal Essence "Bee Strong" leave in conditioner, dry shampoo, hairspray and Vo5 backcomb in a bottle.
Perfume
Marc Jacobs Daisy, Miss Dior, Chanel No5 and Britney Spears Fantasy.
Nail Varnish shade
Berry and Nude, I never get bored of either!
Skincare products
L'Oreal Micellar water, Soap & Glory "Peaches and Clean" cleanser, and Simple foaming face wash.
Bath treats
Any bath bombs from LUSH, Soap & Glory and the Body Shop! I love bath bombs, body scrubs and bath bubbles!
Beauty trend you hate
Foundation lips, orange skin and slug brows!
Beauty trend you love
Red lipstick and eyeliner cat flicks.



No comments:

Post a Comment