Thursday 5 December 2013

Update.

Hello, happy December! December is definitely one of my favourite months of the year, it's so exciting, and everyone seems to be in a jolly mood, yippee! Which would obviously have a little something to do with CHRISTMAS!  So as we've waved goodbye to November (which flew by!), I gathered a few favourite things that I particularly enjoyed, even if some of them are a little random!  Here's a mini update of my November favourites. :)


Tartan!   This past month I have been LOVING tartan, actually loving. I've always loved tartan, especially at the Autumn/Winter part of the year, as I love anything a little grungey, so any excuse!  These tights are a perfect way to jazz up a plain outfit! I wore mine with a plain denim dress, as the tights are the statement item definitely.  I get they aren't for everyone, and are perhaps an arguably brave choice? But if you love tartan, like I do, these are perfect. Mine cost £3 from the one and only Primark.





Next, onto makeup!  I took a cheeky little trip to the Benefit counter early last month, and came away with these two little beauties. The first being "Lemon Aid" eyelid primer, and the "Rockateur" blush/bronzer.  

"Lemon aid" :   This is a brilliant eyelid primer, a little pricey (£16.50), but nonetheless a great, high end primer.  I use this over my eyelids before applying my usual neutral shadow, and it gives a creamy lemon colour, but surprisingly blends perfectly with an eyeshadow.  I've been on the lookout for a new eyelid primer as I find that not as many makeup brands stock eyelid primer as you think, I thought it would everywhere, but not so.  This is a really good eyelid primer that I think is going to last me a long time.

"Rockateur": This is THE best blusher I've tried in a long time. I bought this simply because a few weeks previous, the assistant at the Benefit counter told me they stocked a new blush/bronzer that was going to be a big hit, and wondered if I wanted to try it out.  I initially felt VERY sceptical, especially because it was a cross between a blusher and a bronzer, and I steer well clear of bronzers, I'm so pale, I have a phobia of anything "bronze" anywhere near my face.   Boy, was I wrong, this is a beauty! The assistant applied it to my cheekbones, contouring to define them, and my mother, who was with me at the time was impressed by how lovely it looked, as she knows how I like to look, and even she agreed with me, it looked amazing!  I've perhaps conquered my fear of bronzer, and although I wouldn't really be keen on other bronzers, this perfect blush/bronzer combination completely suits my skin tone, and it's the best beauty buy I've discovered in a  long time!







Now something I never thought I'd actually see the day with, baking!  Now up until recently, I have been the most useless cook ever, and I'm talking literally useless, I could cook NOTHING, ordering a Domino's pizza was my idea of "cooking", haha.  But recently, I decided I needed to become a lot more self sufficient and I hated to admit it, more "adult", so I decided to take the plunge, buy a cookbook and get myself into gear, and here are my delicious apple muffins!   I was so proud of myself, as they turned out great! Everyone who tried them loved them, so I'm definitely going to make them again, there's hope for me, yay!  



Have a great December! 



No comments:

Post a Comment