Tuesday 23 July 2013

Pretty dresses.

For as long as I can remember, I have always loved pretty dresses. I think they instantly make you feel better, more feminine and glam, even in the day time and it's a casual dress. Dresses are all i've been wearing lately in this lovely weather, and I find they're great value for money as you can bring them out every summer and wear with bare legs, and team them with thick tights and a coat in the Winter. I love all kinds of dresses, but nothing too revealing, or tacky!  My favourite style tends to be a tea dress, which is short capped sleeves, and usually a tulip style for the skirt, which really flatters my figure, and makes me feel the most comfortable! I also find no matter how much I wear a dress, I never feel bored or fed up with it.

As I LOVE LOVE LOVE polka dots, hearts, bows, basically anything kitsch, and I'm a huge fan of all things pin-up, I love taking inspiration from 50's style clothing, and anything that reminds me of Katy Perry.








I think all these dresses look great with accessories such as bags, sunglasses, jewellery, tights, boots, anything! And no dress is complete without a slick of red lipstick, the ultimate finishing touch!


I'm also a lover of 60's style glam shift dresses, which are more suitable for the evening, although with the right accessories, hair and make-up, I'm sure you can work them for the day, for example, adding ankle socks and brogues really make the outfit more quirky for the day, and just add heels for the night!







I usually buy my dresses from Topshop, Motel, Urban Outfitters etc, and I'm always looking out for new, interesting ones!


(I do not own these pictures).


No comments:

Post a Comment