Wednesday 31 July 2013

Trying something different.

At some point in our lives, we all have tended to stick to the same thing, or been afraid to try something different, and in some cases just sticking to what we know works. This is perfectly fine, as if you've found out what works for you and what doesn't, it's great that you've found a look you can perfect and suits you, but recently I've found myself keen to experiment with beauty a bit, and shake up the routine I tend to be stuck in.

One of my statement looks is definitely red lipstick, I am a slave to it, it's my go to colour, the thing I wear to perk my entire look up, AHHHHHH it's just my life. But recently I've been keen to tone it down a little for the daytime, and keep red for a more statement look, so I've been experimenting with pinks, berry colours and purples. Granted, purple is probably even more of a statement than red lipstick, and pure purple is probably almost definitely suited to evening wear, but pinky purple lipstick can be the perfect alternative to red lips.  

The three lipsticks ranges I've found I like in these shades are

Collection 2000.
Kate Moss for Rimmel.
Rimmel "apocalips" lip laquer.





Collection 2000 "Cream Puff" is also a great alternative if you don't want too "done". They're a subtle lip colour which looks really natural, is really moisturising and has a lovely matte look.




Also, another form of beauty experimentation I've been trying is brighter nail varnishes. I've always been attracted to vampier nail colours, such as black, berry, and red, but this summer I've been really attracted to pastel colours such as blueberry, mint green, and nudes.   I have never been a fan of anything neon, neon clothing is something I steer well away from, but I've actually found that a neon nail varnish can make the world of difference. If your outfit is plain, and neutral, the best way to brighten up an outfit is by the little touches, like your nails, without it being too much, for example a bright yellow nail, can look fabulous with a black dress, sounds horrible, looks surprisingly lovely! Nail varnishes are the best way to incorporate something different into your look, without it being too much.


I've been loving Maybelline's Colour Show gel nail varnishes, they're only £2.99, and they're long lasting and give a gorgeous gel look, like you've had a gel manicure!   You can get shades from neon to dark to nude to clear, experimenting has never been so easy!



So I hope this has inspired you to try something different, even the littlest things can make your routine far more exciting!  

(I do not own any of these pictures). 



No comments:

Post a Comment