Monday 24 June 2013

Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!





  • St Ives Invigorating Apricot scrub.
  • Simple Oil balancing exfoliating wash.
  • Soap & Glory Scrub your nose in it.

Recently, exfoliating has become one of my key beauty tips, and these three are my best picks! All three of these have earned places in my skincare routine, as they all do what they promise, and work well with my skin.   St Ives is a pure face scrub, by that I mean it's not combined with a wash or is suitable for everyday use, I would use this no more than twice a week, as it gives your skin a very thorough exfoliate, and removes dry skin. I really wouldn't recommend using it anymore, as it may make your skin very irritated, and may take off a layer of skin on your face that needn't be removed! Sounds extreme, but trust me, your skin (or..no skin?) will thank you for it! The smell of this is amazing, it's apricots and smells so summery.

Simple exfoliating wash is more suitable for everyday use, as the beads are gentle and combined with a wash, yet they are still present enough to their job...to exfoliate! I use this perhaps every other day, but I'm sure it would be fine to use everyday. I use a standard Simple wash daily, and use this every other day, it's cheap, cheerful and I love it!

Scrub your nose in it is truly lovely. As a fan of most things Soap & Glory (as a self confessed Retro addict, their packaging and quirkiness is right up my street), but don't be put off by the gimmicks, the products really do work, this included!   I was recommended this by my boyfs sister, and I love it, it's a scrub and a mask, so you can either use it as a normal exfoliator, or you can apply it as a mask, and leave it set into a clay formula whilst in the bath, then rinse! It improves your pore appearance, along with supposedly preventing blemishes (I don't want any blame if you break out, haha), and it's just a great product!


I find exfoliating improves the appearance and condition of your skin, along with making your make-up easier to apply, along with complimenting your make-up on your skin better, it's a definite must!   I'm sure there are plenty of other fabulous face scrubs around, and as a beauty junkie, I will definitely be trying more, and blogging about them! I'm especially curious to try St Ives olive version of the scrub! 


No comments:

Post a Comment