Tuesday 18 June 2013

Pin-up fashion.

Over recent years, I have found myself more and more attracted to 50's pin-up fashion and style, just think anything with big polka dots, buttons and is quirky! Think 50's pin- up girl meets Katy Perry. I love that almost cartoon-ey look (wooo, I just made up a word!), along with anything with bows, polka dots and hearts, which is what I find myself instantly drawn towards.   I would definitely say that the 50's fashion makes rather a statement, which is far cry from beach girl style, which I personally don't like on myself, give me red lipstick and a polka dot dress any day!


(The beautiful Betty Grable).

I like to mix my polka dots and bow printed clothing, with something a little different, say ankle socks and brogues, a look that isn't associated with pin-up, so it kind of gives your own spin on something which makes it more unique (not that wearing brogues is unique, but when you mix it with something it doesn't necessarily go with, it can be a little different).










My ULTIMATE fashion icon, that I would probably most like to raid her wardrobe would be Katy Perry.



Katy Perry looks absolutely phenomenal ALL the time, and what I love about her is that she looks like she could easily belong in the 1950's, she is a pin-up girl, but of modern day.  I totally need to own the cherry print dress she is wearing, and she just embodies fun, yet glamorous fashion!


And of course, no Pin-up look is complete without red lipstick! Red lipstick is my biggest beauty statement, and I cannot live without it, it instantly makes me feel more "done" and confident, and it's just timeless!


I know the Pin-up look is not for everyone, as it can be quite bold, can take a lot of maintenance and isn't natural looking, but it's definitely a classic look that I personally am obsessed with!


(I do not own any of these photos).



No comments:

Post a Comment