Tuesday 27 August 2013

High street favourites.

Hello there!  Today I'm blogging about my high street favourites, things I've come across in the past few months, that I love, and frankly don't break the bank!  The bulk of my products are high street investments, mixed in with a few more high end products, which I plan to involve in my next blog post.  Here are my favourite things that I've discovered, and rely heavily on.


Item one : "Mega Plush volume express" gel mascara by Maybelline.
I bought this mascara a few months ago, and I'm completely obsessed.  It's a gel formula, and it totally magnifies your eyelashes, almost to the point that genuinely looks like you're wearing false eyelashes, but without looking clumpy and over the top. I bought this product as I was looking for a new mascara, and this was newly advertised, so I felt intrigued, and compelled to try it.   It genuinely does what a great mascara promises, and is about £7/8, so moderately priced, but so worth it!




Item two:  "Lasting Perfection" concealer by Collection 2000, in shade 1 - fair.
I've blogged about this beauty before, it's my lifesaver!  Genuinely if someone asked me about what products I couldn't live without, this is definitely one of them.  I bought this after watching so many vlogs about it, and I will constantly be repurchasing this FOREVER. It's a staple in my makeup bag, handbag etc, as it's just THAT good. Definitely think this is something that once you discover, you'll wonder how you managed without it! Mine is the lightest shade out of the four colours you can get.


Item 3: L'Oreal Micellar solution.  
I can't give this enough praise, I've also blogged about this, but after months of use, I can honestly say it's a genius creation, and a MUST have.  I use it every single night to remove all the makeup on my face, which it just melts away, and then follow with a cleanser etc. In the past, I used cleanser as the first step in removing my makeup, but often found you had to use a little elbow grease to remove it all, but this just removes it so easily, that you don't feel like you're scrubbing at your skin.  You can then use a cleanser afterwards, as that will then clean your skin after you've removed your makeup, which is much better!  This is the best thing I've ever used to remove makeup, 10/10!



Items 4 &5: Kate Moss lipsticks from Rimmel, in shades 01 and 20.
I love these lipsticks, they're highly pigmented, long lasting and look awesome.  If you know me, you'll know I absolutely swear by red lipstick, for so many different reasons, and this is the perfect one, especially if you're on a budget. They cost around £5, and they last all day, looking amazing.  I also like the 20 shade, as I've been experimenting with different lip colours, particularly in the day time as red is often a little harsh for some things, so I've come across this pink, which is also pretty loud. I guess I'm just drawn to bright lips, it's so much more interesting!


Item 6: "Dream matte mousse" foundation by Maybelline.
My go to budget foundation! It costs around £8, standard price for a high street foundation, and it's definitely an old school favourite of mine. I've used many others, but this is the one I always revert back to, as I'm obsessed with that matte look, so this banishes oil/shine instantly! I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin, as it'll highlight the dry areas, but this is particularly good for oily/combination skin, as it'll banish the shine, and give your face that powdery finish that I personally love! The shade I wear is porcelain ivory, which isn't available in the smaller drugstores, but you can get it in places that stock large Maybelline makeup sections! Best high street foundation ever. 

Item 7: "Gelly hi-shine" Nail paint in Pomegranate, by Barry M.
I praise these nail polishes highly, they're so good.  This is probably one of my exceptions when it comes to breaking my "everything must be matte" rule, as I love the gel, high shine these polishes leave. I own a good few of these, but I've been loving this shade lately, as it's a cross between red and pink, and looks great all year round. It's loud, fun and lasts ages when you apply it! If you haven't seen these nail varnishes, you must've been hiding under a rock lately, as these have become highly popular, and rightly so! They cost £3.99 each.





Item 8: "Flirty Curls" scrunching jelly by Umberto Giannini.
I use this on damp hair, before I dry it to help me achieve curls a lot easier, and it definitely works! After I blow dry my hair, I use the curling wand to define curls that I naturally have, and by applying this before drying, it definitely makes it easier, and less hassle to curl afterwards. It feels very strange to apply, it is what it says, a jelly texture, but scrunch a very SMALL amount in the lengths of your hair that you want curly, and it'll definitely help.  I'm not if this would be as good on naturally straight hair, as my hair is naturally rather wavy, but I'm sure it would aid any hair in helping making it easier to curl! 

Item 9: "3 minute miracle reconstruction" for coloured hair, by Aussie.
When you colour your hair, it's highly important you keep it in good condition, and looking as vibrant as ever, so using this once a week helps keep my colour, and hair looking good.  It only costs about £4, and it smells like bubblegum! It leaves my hair incredibly soft and shiny, as if I've just left the hairdressers, and definitely makes my hair look a lot healthier.  



Item 10: "Work the colour" eyeshadow pencil by Collection 2000, in Hot Chocolate.
I love nude/brown eyeshadow, and this is great for day or night use, and it's the perfect in between shade. This is definitely a dupe of more expensive products, costing around £4, but doing the job that a much more expensive item would.  I have a few of these eyeshadow pencils, but this colour is my favourite as it's great for minimal day use, and then for all over colour for the evening.  These pencils are fabulous, and definitely one Collection's best products.  


So these are my favourite products on a high street budget, all of which are extremely good quality, and do just as they promise.  I'm gonna blog about my favourite high end products soon, but I hope this blog has given you some ideas on how to get good quality products, on a lower budget! :D

(I do not own these pictures).


No comments:

Post a Comment