Sunday 25 August 2013

My fashion inspirations.

Hey, recently I've posted a lot regarding makeup/beauty, so I've decided to post about my other greatest love in life...fashion!  I'm completely and utterly obsessed with fashion, and buying new clothes, and I'm highly influenced by famous people, all of which I admire, and mix into my own version of what I like.   I'd describe my style as highly influenced by 50's pinup fashion, mixed with cartoon like kitsch prints, loud retro patterns, then mixed with a bit of rock/grunge!  I know what I like, and what makes me feel like me. For example, when I wear items of clothing/makeup that I don't necessarily associate with "me", I feel really uncomfortable!  My red hair, red lipstick and usually dress/shorts, or something polka dot, makes me feel mostly like myself,  I kind of feel vulnerable without it, it's like my armour.   I love patterns and prints, usually polka dots, hearts, bows, oh and anything cat printed! Meow.   Marilyn Monroe and Katy Perry are probably the closest style icons I admire, as I love Marilyn's timeless pinup glamour, and Katy Perry's also pinup glamour, with the amazing cartoon like retro twist she puts on things!  I've found when it comes to fashion, you can't please everybody, which quite rightly you aren't supposed to be pleasing anyone when it comes to your personal style taste!  People always talk if you wear the same as someone, as well as if you wear something completely outrageously different, so don't let anything put you off being yourself! It's better to make people talk than not ;)















I particularly admire these women's sense of style, and I like to try and incorporate elements of each into my own style.  (I do not own these pictures). 

No comments:

Post a Comment