Thursday 22 August 2013

My latest purchases, the amazing Real Techniques brushes!  I've heard so many people raving about these brushes, so I had just to get some myself, just to see what all the fuss is about!  Over the years, I've always heard people saying you should apply your foundation with a brush, but I've always thought that sounded time consuming, and rather fussy! But after investing in these beauties, I totally get it.   The set I bought, the one in the picture cost £20.99, and contains four brushes which are all catered for different use, but you can also get other sets of these brushes, singular ones, along with another that contains a set of three.  

This particular set contains four brushes that are:
  • Detailer brush.
  • Pointed foundation brush.
  • Buffing Brush
  • Contour brush 
  • (Also comes in a ceramic case!)

Detailer brush: The detailer brush is the smallest brush, which I tend to use for eyeshadow, as it's perfect to blend in your colour, and is even better if you are using a few different shadow colours, as it gives you the desired look after you've done some blending! I think this could also be used for lipstick, and eyebrows though, as it's small, yet precise!

Foundation brush: Yeah, you guessed it...it's for foundation! Foundation blending can take a while, depending on the choice of foundation you use, but applying it with a brush gives you a more professional finish, even if, like myself, you aren't a professional! I use it to apply my primer/bb cream, then my MAC studio fluid foundation. As I have two foundations that I alternate between, which are MAC studio fluid and Maybelline's dream matte mouse, I find a brush isn't needed when I wear the dream matte mousse, as it's a non liquid consistency, so the brush is only really suitable for liquid foundation blending, as mousse textures don't really need any brush blending.

Buffing brush: The buffing brush is the biggest brush of the set, and I use it for face powder. In most face powders, they come with a small powder puff, which I HATE. I think they are impossible to blend your powder onto your face, and I would only use it in an emergency (e.g.: if I was travelling somewhere, and didn't have a powder brush), so I think any form of brush for applying powder is essential, and in this case, especially the Real Techniques brush!

Contour brush:  This brush I use for applying powder blusher. It's the right shape to angle the brush up your cheek, so you can great the defined cheekbone look easily, which is always a popular look that people want to achieve. I'm not 100% sure what this brush is actually intended for, but my guess is mainly blusher, as it is the right size, shaped the right way, and creates the look I like perfectly!

All in all, this is a fabulous brush set, and is definitely worth the money, so I am expecting these brushes to last a long time. Also, if you've contemplated buying these brushes, I hope this has helped! 

(I do not own these pictures).


No comments:

Post a Comment