Wednesday 14 August 2013

Soap and Glory(ous)!

Hello to whoever may be reading.  Right, I've gone a little mad, and I've been splurging on some Soap and Glory make-up, a brand which tends to feature rather heavily in my blog, so I was more than keen to try out a few more of their products.  Boots, the drugstore that sells Soap and Glory, often have a "3 for 2" deal on all things S&G..although actually, that deal seems to be on more often than not, actually...all of the time, but moving on!    I accidentally, on purpose seemed to come away from Boots with two lots of "3 for 2", so I now have six items of S&G make-up, hooray!   This is what I bought, and what I think of them!

Item one: "Trick and Treatment" under eye dark circle concealer.
Now this was a product I didn't initially want, but as I'd picked out two items I wanted, it made sense to have something absolutely free, so after a little deliberation, I settled on this. I must point out, I didn't look like the "before" picture, neither did I look like the "after"(sadly, she's beautiful), but this product really did awaken my eyes, just like a double espresso would!   It comes in one colour, which always makes me skeptical when it comes to face make-up, as I'm soooooooo pale, but it blends in with my skin like any shade of concealer I've used before, and looks completely natural and does what it claims! Overall, a good product.

Items two: "Archery" brow tint and crayon.
This is definitely one of my favourites out of the six products. This is a brow tint and a crayon, so you've got two tools to perfect your brows, Cara brows here we come! (sadly not, but I admire my enthusiasm).  This is a fabulous product, that really makes your brows look good. Firstly, apply the felt tip pen side, which is the tint, and then use the crayon to fill your brows in to how you like them. This product was £10, and sounds a little expensive, but I honestly think it's such a good item.

Item three: "One Heck of a Blot" face powder.
Probably one of my other favourites of the six, this was my main reason for visiting the S&G make-up stall because I wanted this product so badly.  It's perfect for pale skin, but might I add, perhaps ONLY for pale skin, as it's again, one colour, and doesn't really contain any colour, so if you like to add colour/bronze to your face, this would just make you look ghostly white!   But for me, this product is perfect, it complements my "ghostly" skin (it's not QUITE that bad, but you get my point), and gives me a smooth, matte look that I always want to get from a face powder, it eliminates shine (shiny nose, be gone!) and it makes my skin look lovely, thumbs up! The only downside in my opinion, is that the women on the packaging are so beautiful, it gives everyone false hope about what this product achieves, it's a great product, but not quite THAT much of a miracle worker. 


Item four : "Supercat" black eyeliner.
As a massive fan of black liquid eyeliner, I love trying out new brands. This has a felt tip pen, rather than actually liquid, so I began to use and was initially skeptical.  I like the fact I can draw a line with the liquid, but the felt pen also felt really easy to use, plus was able to give the winged look I love, with much less than effort!  I love the "cat" eye look. so this allowed me to create the look I love easily.  It's jet black, which is a must when it comes to statement eyes, and it lasted all day, which I was also skeptical about, as I was worried it would just rub off.

Item five: "Hocus Focus" flaw softening illuminator.
I'd been eyeing this product up for a while, and reading the reviews on Boots website, wondering if this product was worth buying, and would I find it value for money. It's rather pricey for a small bottle, but might I add you only need minimal amounts upon use, so I assume this is going to last me some time.  I applied this to my cheekbones and nose, do not ask me what possessed me to apply this to my nose, as I HATE a shiny/highlighted nose, as I like everything matte and powdered looking, so after I applied I literally said to myself, "Why?" but managed to blot over it with blotting powder.  HOWEVER, after that, before you think this is a negative sounding review, I found it highlighted my cheekbones, and made my face look a lot more awake, it also states on the bottle that it can be mixed with your foundation or used as a highlighter, so I'm going to try it next time with my foundation, so hopefully I can create an awake looking, yet matte face!   



Item six: "Fabulipstick" powdercoat matte, in shade "Pom Pom matte"
This shade of lipstick is gorgeous, it's a dark pink/purple berry lipstick, looks so striking, yet so flattering.  This lipstick is right up my street, as it contains a powdercoat which basically gives your lips the matte finish (I didn't realise until I started writing this, how obsessed with matte I was) as if you've blotted your lips with a face powder afterwards. Matte lipsticks are my favourite, and this colour, texture and appearance was no exception.   It's a shade probably more suited to going out/evening, as it's very striking, but you can work it however you want I guess, love it!

I hope you've enjoyed my S&G makeup haul review, my favourites probably being the blotting powder, eyebrow pencil and lipstick, but all the products are of good quality and will be used to create different looks, and if you've been contemplating buying any of these products, I hope this has helped :D

(I do not own these photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment