Sunday 11 August 2013

New mini haul favourites.

Hi!  Recently, I've been very busy buying loads of new beauty products (that I don't even need, help!), but as I just love make-up, skincare etc, I find it hard to resist trying new things, even if I don't even need anything new at the moment.  I find myself going to my local drugstore and coming back with several bits of make-up, hair products etc, I love it so much! Here are a few things I've picked up recently that I've been enjoying :)



MUA "Pro- Base" eye primer.
Never underestimate the importance of an eyeshadow primer! Until now, I never understood the fuss, probably because I'd never tried one, but now I am completely sold and is now a beauty staple. This particular little number is made by "MUA" which is available at my local drugstore Superdrug, and I actually find I am a huge fan of this range, I never really thought about it much before, but I've come to the conclusion that they have great quality products that actually work, and at a very low cost, win win!
HOW TO USE:   After applying my face make-up, I apply this to my eyelids before any shadow, liner, mascara etc, it looks like a concealer consistency, but it feels lighter and blends seamlessly into my eyelids.  I then apply the eyeshadow of my choice, which is usually a neutral shade, and then apply my eyeliner and mascara as normal.  Even though it may sound like it's defeating the purpose of being an eyeshadow primer, I also find that if you don't want to wear any eyeshadow, apply this, then your eyeliner and mascara, and this just wakes your eyes up drastically, sounds odd, trust me it works! This cost a bargain price of £2.50.



Maybelline Colour Show, in shade "Mauve"
A nude nail, another love of mine!  Yet again, this beauty product I have found is high quality, yet it at a low cost! This cost £2.99, leaves a brilliant, glossy finish and leaves your nails like you've had a gel manicure! (Okay, maybe not if you're me, and finds it difficult to paint my nails neatly, and not like a five year old!).  Nude is a perfect colour as it looks great as a daytime, off duty look, yet can be worn in the night, and in both Winter and Summer, it's the perfect shade!



Herbal Essence "Bee Strong" hair collection.
Oh my god, this is my newest love!   This is a god sent product, and I absolutely love it!   As I colour my hair red, I've always be skeptical to use anything other than a colour shampoo and conditioner, although after someone recommended this to me, I was curious, and luckily a sampler sachet of the shampoo and conditioner came in a magazine, so I used it and was then convinced I needed to own it. 
I purchased the shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning mask (the one in the tub), and I use these every other wash, using a colour the other time, just to keep my colour strong!   I don't own the leave in conditioner, which is the spray bottle, but that will definitely be my next purchase and I'll be blogging about it, but back to the other stuff I have tried! The smell is UHHH-MAZ-ING, it smells of honey and apricots, making it really rich and luxurious, leaving your hair incredibly soft but bouncy, shiny and just generally well conditioned.  I use the mask about once a week, and don't use the conditioner on the day I use it, as a deep conditioning mask provides loads of moisture, and over conditioned hair turns into limp, lifeless hair, not good!    I would recommend this to all hair types, even coloured,  but perhaps follow my tip of using it every other wash, using a colour the other times!  Bee Strong is amazing, and I can't wait to try the leave in conditioner. 





Rimmel "Apocalips" lip laquer in "Celestial".
If you've read one of my previous blogs, you'll know I've been experimenting with different lipsticks shades instead of sticking to my trusty red, and this is one of my favourite pinky colours for the day.  It's a lacquer, so a rather thick consistency that needs to be applied whilst using a mirror, and it's the perfect shade. I've always been hesitant to try different lipstick shades other than red, as I actually HATE that foundation lip/shiny pink lip look, ugh! But I find that a nice subtle pink can really make a difference to your daytime look, rather than just bare lips!   This cost £5.99 from my local drugstore, and I also have this is my trusty red, in the shade "Big Bang" and I find it is a great product, looks lovely, and is decent value.


Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection foundation, in "Light".
I impulsively/randomly bought this product, after recently purchasing the concealer from the same Lasting Perfection range and loving it, and also after hearing pretty good things about this little number. I heard it was excellent value for money, gave great coverage and was a product that many relied on, so I took the plunge and bought it to try myself.  Being incredibly pale, the light shade suited me perfectly, and matched perfectly with the concealer, and gave me a great coverage all day. It's oil free, which is brilliant, as I do tend to get rather oily skin, so added oil wouldn't be ideal, and the best part is, it feels so luxurious and expensive, almost as a good as my MAC foundation, which cost triple the price!  


Burt's Bees, Miracle Salve.
I bought this little beauty for an absolute bargain at the drugstore Boots, for the price of £2!!!  The pot is actually a decent size, as from the picture it looks like it would be small, but I was so glad I snapped this bargain up, especially as the full price is now £10!   This is an all over body salve, used to treat most things, chapped lips, dry elbows, dry skin on face, hands, anywhere! It also can be used as a hair serum for flyaway hair, just simply rub some in between your palms to heat it, and then smooth on your hair as desired, it's brilliant! I like Burt's Bees products anyway, so when I saw this bargain, I had to snap it up!


I hope you've enjoyed my favourites from my mini hauls, and there'll be more to come! :D

(I do not own any of these pictures).  




No comments:

Post a Comment